Trout with Pine Nuts and Rice Stuffing, Roasted Red Peppers, and Fennel
We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 2 large red bell peppers, cut into 1/2-inch-wide strips
- 1 large fennel bulb, thinly sliced, 1/4 cup fronds chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup cooled cooked white rice (about 1/3 cup uncooked)
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 2 3/4- to 1-pound whole boneless trout
Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray large rimmed baking sheet with nonstick spray. Spread peppers and fennel bulb on prepared sheet. Drizzle with oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast until vegetables begin to brown, stirring occasionally, about 28 minutes.
Meanwhile, mix rice, pine nuts and 1/4 cup chopped fennel fronds in bowl. Season stuffing with salt and pepper.
Remove baking sheet from oven; push vegetables to sides of sheet. Place trout in center of sheet; sprinkle inside of trout with salt and pepper. Spoon stuffing into trout cavities. Fold trout to enclose stuffing. Roast until trout are opaque, about 20 minutes.
Open each trout and cut lengthwise in half. Transfer 1 trout half and some stuffing to each of 4 plates. Spoon vegetable mixture alongside.